- 1 Does BMW have transmission problems?
- 2 Is the BMW 328xi reliable?
- 3 How much does it cost to fix a BMW transmission?
- 4 Why does my BMW says transmission malfunction?
- 5 How long do BMW transmissions last?
- 6 How do you check a BMW transmission?
- 7 Why are BMW so unreliable?
- 8 Why are used BMW 328i so cheap?
- 9 Is it worth buying a used BMW?
- 10 Is it worth fixing a transmission?
- 11 Should I fix my transmission or buy a new car?
- 12 What causes car to jerk when changing gears?
- 13 What is high mileage for a BMW?
- 14 What are the signs that your transmission is going out?
Does BMW have transmission problems?
BMW owners report that the expensive transmission failures show up most often in 3 series cars as well as the X3 and X5 BMW SUVs. Robert began having problems with the transmission in his X5 In Lawrenceville, Georgia about a month before the transmission failed altogether.
Is the BMW 328xi reliable?
The BMW 328i xDrive Reliability Rating is 2.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 24th out of 31 for luxury midsize cars. The average annual repair cost is $900 which means it has poor ownership costs. Repairs are more frequent for the 328i xDrive, so you may experience a few more visits to your BMW shop than normal.
How much does it cost to fix a BMW transmission?
Since the transmission is essential to the function of the car, it can be a pretty expensive repair. If you need to repair your BMW transmission, you should plan on spending anywhere from $1,800 to $5,000.
Why does my BMW says transmission malfunction?
If transmission malfunction, drive moderately error message pops up on your BMW. One thing that you should always check is the automatic transmission fluid level. As the level is low, there is no transmission fluid for the oil pump, which causes the transmission to go in FailSafe or Limp mode.
How long do BMW transmissions last?
Without service and maintenance, some transmissions can fail in as little as 100,000 miles. If you drive around 10-15,000 miles a year, your transmission could be down for the count in seven years! With care and service, transmissions can last 300,000 miles or more.
How do you check a BMW transmission?
Our Guide to Checking Your Transmission Fluid
- Turn the engine on for a few minutes before you check the level.
- Locate the transmission fluid dipstick.
- Remove the dipstick and touch the fluid.
- Use a rag to wipe off the dipstick.
- Use a funnel to properly fill the vehicle, taking care to avoid overfilling it.
Why are BMW so unreliable?
the biggest reliability issue with BMW’s are the main driver. This single unit is responsible for 80% of all problems that occur on his BMW. The main driver decides that its time to change his oil. The bad oil and cold engine gets damaged over 150x faster than a correct maintained engine.
Why are used BMW 328i so cheap?
They are notorious for electronic problems and develop oil and coolant leaks as they age and have a lot of cheap plastic parts under the hood. These cars are for leasing as the cheapest BMW is the most expensive car to own.
Is it worth buying a used BMW?
Yes, BMWs are awesome cars, however like most vehicles, they lose their value quickly. Another important factor that goes hand-in-hand when looking for an older BMW is the cost of maintenance. BMWs can be more expensive to maintain than non-luxury cars and older model parts can be hard to come by.
Is it worth fixing a transmission?
Rebuilding a transmission can save you a lot of money over the short-term, while keeping car payments out of your monthly budget. For many, rebuilding their transmission is worth the initial cost. Rebuilding a transmission may cost you twenty-five hundred dollars or more, which is a significant chunk of change.
Should I fix my transmission or buy a new car?
It is almost always less expensive to repair a car than buy a new one. Although something as severe as a blown motor or a failed transmission will run you between $3,000 and $7,000 to replace at a dealership, such repairs still don’t cost as much as buying a new car. You really need the car to last a while longer.
What causes car to jerk when changing gears?
Automatic transmissions that shift hard, jerk or shake during a shift change may mean your transmission fluid needs changed or fluid level is low. In manual transmission vehicles, abnormal gear shifts could indicate damaged gear synchros, worn clutches or other, more severe issues.
What is high mileage for a BMW?
High miles is no real problem especially for a BMW but saying that the car has to have been looked after well and regularly serviced with some if not full service history but most components do need replacement after 100000 miles on BMW cars so make sure to do thorough checks on one around that mileage.
What are the signs that your transmission is going out?
10 Symptoms of a Bad Transmission
- Lack of Response. Hesitation, or outright refusal, to shift into the proper gear is a telltale sign of transmission trouble.
- Odd Sounds.
- Leaking Fluid.
- Grinding, Jerking, or Shaking.
- Burning Smell.
- Won’t Go into Gear.
- Service Engine Soon.
- Noisy Transmission in Neutral.