- 1 How long will an Acura TL last?
- 2 Is Acura TL a reliable car?
- 3 Why do Acura TL transmissions fail?
- 4 What year did the Acura TL have transmission problems?
- 5 What is the best year for Acura TL?
- 6 Are Acura TL expensive to maintain?
- 7 What is the nicest Acura?
- 8 How long does a Acura last?
- 9 Can I put regular gas in my Acura TL?
- 10 How much does it cost to replace an Acura TL transmission?
- 11 What are the signs that your transmission is going out?
- 12 What year did Acura stop making the TL?
- 13 How much does it cost to replace a timing belt on an Acura TL?
- 14 Is Acura a good car?
- 15 Why does my Acura TL shake?
How long will an Acura TL last?
A fairly well designed, well maintained engine should be perfectly happy running 300K at least. 500K or more depending on typical use. Typically, a well maintained engine is one of the last things to fail. Under ideal use, most any modern engine will last 1,000,000 miles.
Is Acura TL a reliable car?
The Acura TL Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5. It ranks 2nd out of 32 for all car brands.
Why do Acura TL transmissions fail?
The second generation Acura 3.2TL was introduced for 1999, but this more powerful model was considerably more trouble prone. Common failures included the torque converter, 3rd gear clutch pack, and the entire transmission due to blocked oil passages, damage from debris and/or heat related internal damage.
What year did the Acura TL have transmission problems?
Even though it had the most complaints, 2003 wasn’t the only year that the TL had transmission issues and complaints. 2002 had a high amount of transmission problems complaints as well. Acura TL owners who bought production years 2003-2009 and 2012 also had complained about transmission problems.
What is the best year for Acura TL?
The 2008 Acura TL Is One of the Best Used Acura Model You Can Buy. In 1986, the Honda Motor Company introduced Acura to the United States as its luxury vehicle lineup. The Acura TL is an entry-level, compact executive sedan.
Are Acura TL expensive to maintain?
Despite being a luxury vehicle, Acura maintenance costs are not as high as Audi maintenance costs, which average about $987 per year, according to RepairPal. Without proper maintenance, your car may develop bigger problems down the line, leading to even more expensive repairs.
What is the nicest Acura?
10 Best Acura Models of The Decade
- 8 2012 Acura RL: A Luxurious Sleeper.
- 7 2013 Acura ILX: One Smooth Drive.
- 6 2014 Acura MDX: Roomy And Powerful.
- 5 2015 Acura RLX: The Sleek Sedan.
- 4: A Stylish Crossover.
- 3 2017 Acura NSX: An Incomparable Supercar.
- 2 2018 Acura TLX: The Perfect Executive Sedan.
- 1 2019 Acura RDX: More Luxury, More Power.
How long does a Acura last?
The acura mdx should be able to last longer than 200,000 miles as long as you do the regular maintenance. the most important thing to get a car to last a long time is always doing all the servicing. changing the fluids regularly in your suv helps protect the engine and other components from damage.
Can I put regular gas in my Acura TL?
Basically, the TL’s engine has a high compression ratio and with that requires a higher octane gas (higher than regular 87 for sure) to prevent knocking and pinging. The owner’s manual RECOMMENDS 91 octane and higher.
How much does it cost to replace an Acura TL transmission?
The cost of a new transmission was around $3800 and Acura goodwilled $3200 of the cost. So my out of pocket was around $600. They come with a 3 yr or 36000 miles warranty.
What are the signs that your transmission is going out?
10 Symptoms of a Bad Transmission
- Lack of Response. Hesitation, or outright refusal, to shift into the proper gear is a telltale sign of transmission trouble.
- Odd Sounds.
- Leaking Fluid.
- Grinding, Jerking, or Shaking.
- Burning Smell.
- Won’t Go into Gear.
- Service Engine Soon.
- Noisy Transmission in Neutral.
What year did Acura stop making the TL?
Four generations of the Acura TL were produced, with the final fourth generation TL premiering in 2008 as a 2009 model and ending production in 2014, when it was replaced together with the TSX by the TLX.
How much does it cost to replace a timing belt on an Acura TL?
The average cost for an Acura TL timing belt replacement is between $875 and $1,026. Labor costs are estimated between $408 and $515 while parts are priced between $467 and $511.
Is Acura a good car?
Winner: Tie. When it comes to reliability, Honda and Acura are neck and neck. Most Honda and Acura models receive average predicted reliability ratings. Two models from each brand have below-average ratings, including the RDX and MDX Hybrid from Acura and the Accord and Pilot from Honda.
Why does my Acura TL shake?
Any unusual shaking or vibrating forces coming from the engine is cause for concern. It could be something as simple as old spark plugs producing an uneven power delivery, it could be something serious like worn or broken engine mounts, or it could be even more serious in the case of internal engine damage.