- 1 How much does it cost to replace an Acura TL transmission?
- 2 Why do Acura TL transmissions fail?
- 3 How many miles will a 2008 Acura TL last?
- 4 Is the 2008 Acura TL reliable?
- 5 Is it worth it to fix transmission?
- 6 What are the signs that your transmission is going out?
- 7 What year did the Acura TL have transmission problems?
- 8 What is the best year Acura TL?
- 9 How much is a 2008 Acura TL worth?
- 10 Are acuras good high mileage cars?
- 11 What is the most reliable Acura?
- 12 Are acuras expensive to fix?
- 13 Are Acura TL reliable cars?
- 14 Does 2008 Acura TL have backup camera?
- 15 Is 2008 Acura TL all wheel drive?
How much does it cost to replace an Acura TL transmission?
The cost of a new transmission was around $3800 and Acura goodwilled $3200 of the cost. So my out of pocket was around $600. They come with a 3 yr or 36000 miles warranty.
Why do Acura TL transmissions fail?
The second generation Acura 3.2TL was introduced for 1999, but this more powerful model was considerably more trouble prone. Common failures included the torque converter, 3rd gear clutch pack, and the entire transmission due to blocked oil passages, damage from debris and/or heat related internal damage.
How many miles will a 2008 Acura TL last?
5 Answers. The Acura can easily go another 50k miles *IF* it was reasonably well maintained with regular oil changes and other maintenance as required.
Is the 2008 Acura TL reliable?
Edmunds’ Expert Review
If getting lots of bang for your buck is important, it’s hard to beat the 2008 Acura TL, as few entry-level luxury cars pack its level of standard equipment. Well-built, reliable and exceedingly easy to live with as an everyday companion, the TL is a superb choice.
Is it worth it to fix transmission?
That said, if your car is newer or in really good condition and is still worth a significant amount of money, then it probably makes sense to replace the transmission and get it back on the road. You can then continue driving it, sell it or trade it in. Otherwise, the value of a car that won’t drive is very low.
What are the signs that your transmission is going out?
10 Symptoms of a Bad Transmission
- Lack of Response. Hesitation, or outright refusal, to shift into the proper gear is a telltale sign of transmission trouble.
- Odd Sounds.
- Leaking Fluid.
- Grinding, Jerking, or Shaking.
- Burning Smell.
- Won’t Go into Gear.
- Service Engine Soon.
- Noisy Transmission in Neutral.
What year did the Acura TL have transmission problems?
Even though it had the most complaints, 2003 wasn’t the only year that the TL had transmission issues and complaints. 2002 had a high amount of transmission problems complaints as well. Acura TL owners who bought production years 2003-2009 and 2012 also had complained about transmission problems.
What is the best year Acura TL?
In 1986, the Honda Motor Company introduced Acura to the United States as its luxury vehicle lineup. The Acura TL is an entry-level, compact executive sedan.
How much is a 2008 Acura TL worth?
2008 Acura TL Value – $1,820-$7,698 | Edmunds.
Are acuras good high mileage cars?
I can confirm that these are great cars even with high mileage after 2 years of owning one with high mileage. Now I have 250,000 miles on my 2004 TL and still running stong as hell with all the electronics and nav still working. Other than the 210,000 mile acura service, no serious repairs at all.
What is the most reliable Acura?
The Best Used Acura Models You Can Buy These Days
- 2019 MDX Hybrid.
- 2016 TLX.
- 2016 ILX. Perhaps you prefer something a little smaller. Consider a 2016 Acura ILX.
- 2017 RLX. The 2017 RLX is a large, roomy sedan that’s surprisingly easy to handle. Accordingly, it’s a great choice for anyone who regularly hauls lots of passengers or cargo.
- 2017 NSX.
Are acuras expensive to fix?
Cost of Acura Maintenance
Acura is a luxury brand, but the cost of the vehicles don’t carry the higher luxury price tag. They are also not expensive to maintain. According to YourMechanic.com, Acura ranks 11th out of 30 on a list of the most and least expensive cars to maintain.
Are Acura TL reliable cars?
Acura TL Ratings Overview
The Acura TL Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5. It ranks 2nd out of 32 for all car brands.
Does 2008 Acura TL have backup camera?
Safety. The 2008 Acura TL provides a high level of standard safety features and good value for the consumer. Standard on the Acura TL Type-S and optional on the base unit, the navigation system comes with a backup camera for improved rear visibility.
Is 2008 Acura TL all wheel drive?
2008 Acura TL Review. The base TL comes with a 258-horsepower, 3.2-liter V-6 engine, and the performance-oriented Type-S edition has a 286-hp, 3.5-liter V-6. The TL retains its front-wheel–drive status, even as more than half of Acura’s models now feature Super Handling All–Wheel Drive.