- 1 What are the symptoms of a failing transmission?
- 2 Do PT Cruisers have a lot of problems?
- 3 What would cause a transmission not to shift?
- 4 Is a 2003 PT Cruiser a good car?
- 5 How do you reset your transmission?
- 6 How do you fix a slipping transmission?
- 7 Are PT Cruisers expensive to fix?
- 8 Is the PT Cruiser a bad car?
- 9 Why was PT Cruiser discontinued?
- 10 What are the signs of a bad shift solenoid?
- 11 What are the symptoms of a bad transmission solenoid?
- 12 What can mess up your transmission?
- 13 What is the Blue Book value of a 2003 PT Cruiser?
- 14 How much horsepower does a PT Cruiser Turbo have?
What are the symptoms of a failing transmission?
The top signs why your transmission may be failing:
- Transmission won’t engage or stay in gear.
- Shifts are delayed or missing gears.
- Transmission slipping or engine is revving high.
- Transmission fluid is leaking.
- If there’s a burning smell.
- If there is buzzing, clunking, humming noise.
- Car has no power.
Do PT Cruisers have a lot of problems?
Some of the most common problems with the PT Cruiser involve the vehicle’s engine. In other cases rough idling or a faulty “check engine” warning light may occur. Stalling and difficulty starting are other common PT Cruiser engine complaints.
What would cause a transmission not to shift?
One cause to rule out is low fluid level or a plugged transmission fluid filter. Delayed shifts can also be caused by internal hydraulic leaks in the valve body or failing internal transmission seals found on clutch pack pistons and piston o-rings.
Is a 2003 PT Cruiser a good car?
Handling and ride qualities, versatile and spacious cabin, unique styling, low sticker price. Acceleration can be sluggish with base engine, awkward seating position for shorter drivers.
How do you reset your transmission?
Procedure Reset Transmission Adaptive Learning DIY
- Turn the key to position 2. You should see all the dash lights come on.
- Press the gas pedal all the way.
- Turn key to OFF, position 0.
- Release the gas pedal.
- Wait 2 minutes.
- Start the car and drive.
How do you fix a slipping transmission?
Burnt or Worn Out Fluid – Drain & Refill
- Jack the vehicle up and unbolt the pan.
- Remove and replace the filter.
- Scrape off the old transmission pan gasket and replace.
- Bolt-on the pan and fill with ATF.
- Start the vehicle and check for leaks.
- Use copious amounts of kitty litter to cleanup the mess that you’ve just made.
Are PT Cruisers expensive to fix?
Cost. The average total annual cost for repairs and maintenance on a Chrysler PT Cruiser is $641, compared to an average of $526 for compact cars and $652 for all vehicle models.
Is the PT Cruiser a bad car?
The Chrysler PT Cruiser Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5. It ranks 11th out of 32 for all car brands. Learn more about Chrysler PT Cruiser Reliability Ratings.
Why was PT Cruiser discontinued?
“The only people who were really buying it for much of the last decade were the rental car companies because it was cheap.” But after government intervention in Detroit drove up the price, the rental companies backed off. Then, in 2010, Chrysler discontinued the PT Cruiser line altogether.
What are the signs of a bad shift solenoid?
If you’re experiencing transmission solenoid troubles, it will become evident in one of four ways:
- Delayed gear shifting.
- You can’t downshift, and your engine continues to rev even when applying the brakes.
- Your transmission gets stuck in neutral.
- Shifting gears become rough and choppy.
What are the symptoms of a bad transmission solenoid?
What Are the Warning Signs of Failing Solenoids?
- Delayed or Erratic Gear Shifting. If you notice it taking a bit longer for your car to shift gears, it could be a failing solenoid.
- You Can’t Downshift and/or Your Car Revs When Braking.
- Your Transmission Gets Stuck in Neutral.
- Your Check Engine Light Comes On.
What can mess up your transmission?
These are the top 6 mistakes drivers make that can ruin your transmission.
- Shifting When Not Stopped.
- Towing Beyond Your Car’s Ability.
- Running Low on Transmission Fluid.
- Using The Wrong Transmission Fluid.
- Not Servicing Your Transmission.
- Ignoring Transmission Problems.
What is the Blue Book value of a 2003 PT Cruiser?
The value of a used 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser ranges from $359 to $1,449, based on vehicle condition, mileage, and options.
How much horsepower does a PT Cruiser Turbo have?
The Cruiser is based on the Dodge Neon, a compact car noted for sprightly performance. New turbo models add fire under the hood. The GT (aka PT Turbo) features a 220-horsepower engine that gives the Cruiser a real boost.