- 1 How much does it cost to replace a convertible top motor?
- 2 How do you test a convertible top motor?
- 3 Why won’t my convertible top go down?
- 4 Is Chrysler Sebring Convertible a good car?
- 5 Is it hard to replace a convertible top?
- 6 Can convertible tops be repaired?
- 7 What kind of fluid goes in a convertible top motor?
- 8 How do convertible tops work?
- 9 How does a convertible top motor work?
- 10 How do you fill a convertible top pump?
- 11 How do you reset a Mini convertible roof?
- 12 How do you adjust a Mustang convertible top?
- 13 How much is a 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible worth?
- 14 Do they make Chrysler Sebrings anymore?
- 15 How much is a 2006 Chrysler Sebring convertible worth?
How much does it cost to replace a convertible top motor?
Typically you will spend anywhere from $500 to $1,000 on a convertible top repair. Some of the other factors that will affect the cost are the extent of the damage, the make and model of the car, the year of the car, and the location that you live in.
How do you test a convertible top motor?
Use a digital multimeter to check the lines feeding the convertible top motor. Every time you press the convertible switch, you should read between 11-13 volts at the pump. If you are not getting any current at the hydraulic motor, you may have an electrical problem or a defective switch.
Why won’t my convertible top go down?
If you follow all the steps but still can’t get the top to go down, it could be due to a bad convertible top relay, burned fuse, hydraulic pump needing to be replaced, and a defective limit switch, weak cylinder, or a hydraulic line leak.
Is Chrysler Sebring Convertible a good car?
The Chrysler Sebring convertible is a very good car. A lot of people had good things to say about it and it’s good looking. I’ve had this car for 11 years and I haven’t had to do much work to it. It is still running and everything still works.
Is it hard to replace a convertible top?
Replacing a convertible top is a process that requires a lot of patience and a few carefully planned steps. Let’s take a look at how it’s done: Start by removing the lids from the rear of the car body. Then cover the deck lid.
Can convertible tops be repaired?
Repairing a convertible top is not as easy as stitches and patches. So that’s one of the reasons you see convertible tops with duct tape instead of patches — there just isn’t an adhesive that does the job well. So you’ll need to use something to seal your tear and hold the patch and that’s why people use stitching.
What kind of fluid goes in a convertible top motor?
NOTE-Pumps and cylinders purchased from Convertible Top Specialists may be filled with fluid, this fluid will either be Dextron III automatic transmission fluid or mineral hydraulic oil. The fluids are compatible with each other but not with brake fluid.
How do convertible tops work?
Some vehicles come with electric convertible tops, while other come equipped with manual convertible tops. The electric tops have a retraction mechanism that is designed to unfold and fold the frame, which is often referred to as the power top. The driver simply has to push a button, and the top retracts or goes up.
How does a convertible top motor work?
The convertible motor drives the pump which is connected to the motor at one end and the fluid reservoir on the other end. The pump generates a pressure varying from 300 to 450 psi. It is fitted in the trunk area and supplies hydraulic fluid to the lift cylinders which are mounted on either side of the vehicle.
How do you fill a convertible top pump?
Designed for convertible top systems on Ford, G.M., and Chrysler convertibles from late 50’s to present. Just insert the specially tapered nozzle into your reservoir filling hole, then run the top up and down. In about five minutes the air in the system will be replaced with fresh hydraulic fluid.
How do you reset a Mini convertible roof?
3) If still a problem, try a hard reset the system. This is done when all windows and the roof are completey closed. Press and hold the central lock toggle switch in UP position for 5 seconds. This will start the opening process.
How do you adjust a Mustang convertible top?
Ford Mustang Service Manual: Material
- Move the convertible top to the half-open position to access the cam bolt.
- NOTE: Rotating the top of the cam bolt toward the front of the vehicle will lengthen the top, increase the tension on the top and increase pull-down effort.
- Make sure the convertible top operate correctly.
- Remove the screws.
- Remove the speakers.
How much is a 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible worth?
The value of a used 2000 Chrysler Sebring ranges from $233 to $2,276, based on vehicle condition, mileage, and options.
Do they make Chrysler Sebrings anymore?
For 2001, both body styles were redesigned and a sedan version was offered, replacing the Chrysler Cirrus. The coupe was discontinued after 2005 with no replacement model planned. All Sebring models were replaced by the Chrysler 200 for the 2011 model year.
How much is a 2006 Chrysler Sebring convertible worth?
2006 Chrysler Sebring Value – $567-$3,982 | Edmunds.