- 1 How can I make my 2008 Acura TL Type S faster?
- 2 How fast is Acura TL Type S?
- 3 Are Acura TL Type S reliable?
- 4 What year Acura TL is best?
- 5 What does Acura TL Type S mean?
- 6 Is the Acura TL Type S fast?
- 7 Which Acura is the fastest?
- 8 How fast does an Acura TL go 0-60?
- 9 Is the 2007 Acura TL Type S reliable?
- 10 Do Acura TL have transmission problems?
- 11 Is the Acura TL good on gas?
- 12 Are Acura cars expensive to maintain?
- 13 How long do Acura TL engines last?
- 14 Are Acura TL parts expensive?
- 15 What is the best Acura?
How can I make my 2008 Acura TL Type S faster?
How to Boost the Horsepower on an Acura TL Type S
- Replace the factory cold-air intake system with a performance aftermarket cold-air intake system. Cold-air intake systems for the Acura TL Type–S typically provide a power boost of about 8 to 15 horsepower, depending on brand and model.
- Replace the factory exhaust system with a performance aftermarket exhaust system.
How fast is Acura TL Type S?
|0 – 60 mph||5.5 s|
|0 – 100 mph||13.9 s|
|0 – 130 mph||25.8 s|
|1/4 mile||14.1 s @ 101.0 mph|
|Top speed||243 kph (151 mph)|
Are Acura TL Type S reliable?
The Acura TL Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5. It ranks 2nd out of 32 for all car brands.
What year Acura TL is best?
The 2008 Acura TL Is One of the Best Used Acura Model You Can Buy. In 1986, the Honda Motor Company introduced Acura to the United States as its luxury vehicle lineup. The Acura TL is an entry-level, compact executive sedan.
What does Acura TL Type S mean?
Type–S stands for Speed, Type-R stands for Racing.
Is the Acura TL Type S fast?
For now, the TL Type S will complete a 0-to-60 run in 5.7 seconds and a quarter mile in 14 seconds at 100 miles per hour. For comparison, the new BMW 335i has been measured at 5 seconds and 13.5 seconds at 104.5, and the Lexus does 4.9 seconds and 13.5 seconds at 103 in the quarter.
Which Acura is the fastest?
1. Acura NSX Performance Specs. The question of the fastest Acuras of all time is kind of a tricky one, because different renditions of the Acura NSX supercar fill up all of the top five slots, but the 2017 Acura NSX top speed sets the bar high with the fastest Acura 0-60 time.
How fast does an Acura TL go 0-60?
In fact, it was powerful enough to make me wonder if the extra few thousand for the Type-S is necessary.” Automobile Magazine echoes that “the new TL’s 270-horsepower, 3.2-liter V-6 pulled us irresistibly forward.” During Consumer Guide tests, the base TL could achieve to 60 miles per hour in seven seconds.
Is the 2007 Acura TL Type S reliable?
The TL scored well in the NHTSA frontal crash tests. The reliability is not bad, but there are a few things to watch out for, please read further. Reliability and problems: A bad engine oil pump seal can cause an oil leak in the oil filter area.
Do Acura TL have transmission problems?
Acura TL transmission problems
The worst category of problems with the Acura TL is with the transmission. This dreaded problem, transmission failure, showed up the most in the 2003 Acura TL. Acura TL owners who bought production years 2003-2009 and 2012 also had complained about transmission problems.
Is the Acura TL good on gas?
Find and Compare Cars
|2006 Acura TL|
|Personalize Find a car||6 cyl, 3.2 L, Automatic (S5) Compare|
|EPA MPG||Premium Gasoline 21 combined city/highway MPG 18 city 26 highway 4.8 gals/100 miles|
|Unofficial MPG Estimates Shared by Vehicle Owners||View Estimates How can I share my MPG?|
Are Acura cars expensive to maintain?
Cost of Acura Maintenance
Acura is a luxury brand, but the cost of the vehicles don’t carry the higher luxury price tag. They are also not expensive to maintain. According to YourMechanic.com, Acura ranks 11th out of 30 on a list of the most and least expensive cars to maintain.
How long do Acura TL engines last?
A fairly well designed, well maintained engine should be perfectly happy running 300K at least. 500K or more depending on typical use. Typically, a well maintained engine is one of the last things to fail. Under ideal use, most any modern engine will last 1,000,000 miles.
Are Acura TL parts expensive?
Originally Answered: Are Acuras expensive to maintain? In general, no. Acura is the premium brand from Honda, a well-respected company renowned for their quality and reliability. However, being a premium brand, you will pay a bit more (about 25%) for all services and parts compared to a non-premium brand.
What is the best Acura?
10 Best Acura Models of The Decade
- 8 2012 Acura RL: A Luxurious Sleeper.
- 7 2013 Acura ILX: One Smooth Drive.
- 6 2014 Acura MDX: Roomy And Powerful.
- 5 2015 Acura RLX: The Sleek Sedan.
- 4: A Stylish Crossover.
- 3 2017 Acura NSX: An Incomparable Supercar.
- 2 2018 Acura TLX: The Perfect Executive Sedan.
- 1 2019 Acura RDX: More Luxury, More Power.