- 1 Does Acura have transmission problems?
- 2 Why do Honda transmissions fail?
- 3 What year Honda has transmission problems?
- 4 How much is an Acura transmission?
- 5 Are Acura transmissions reliable?
- 6 How long does an Acura transmission last?
- 7 How do I know if my Honda transmission is bad?
- 8 Are Honda automatic transmissions good?
- 9 How long does a Honda transmission last?
- 10 What is the most reliable Honda car?
- 11 Does Honda still have transmission problems?
- 12 How much does it cost to fix a Honda transmission?
- 13 Are Acura cars expensive to maintain?
- 14 How much does it cost to rebuild a Acura TL transmission?
- 15 How much does it cost to rebuild a transmission yourself?
Does Acura have transmission problems?
Acura TL owners who bought production years 2003-2009 and 2012 also had complained about transmission problems. Most car enthusiasts know that Acura had a problem with faulty transmissions in both the Acura TL and the Acura CL.
Why do Honda transmissions fail?
What Causes The Transmission Problems? If your engine is able to rev, but the car can’t shift into gear, then the problem could be related to the torque converter. A majority of the Honda transmission problems are directly related to the torque converter failing or burning transmission fluid.
What year Honda has transmission problems?
The 2003 Honda Accord
Transmission failure has been a significant problem for several Honda models through the early 2000s model years, causing the manufacturer to extend the transmission warranty to 93 months or 109k miles for the 2000-2001 model years as part of the settlement to a class-action lawsuit.
How much is an Acura transmission?
Transmission replacement is one of the most expensive jobs to have performed on your vehicle, with the average transmission replacement cost ranging anywhere between $1,800 and $3,400. An Acura transmission rebuild cost also depends on which model of Acura you have, and what year it was made.
Are Acura transmissions reliable?
Transmission problems and failures with all Acura TL model vehicles from 1999–2012 have widespread defects with or in the transmissions. Acura TL cars in these three years 2002, 2003 and 2004 are the worst years to own.
How long does an Acura transmission last?
Some transmissions can last just over 10,000 miles, while others will last over 200,000 miles. Generally though, regular vehicle maintenance is the number one factor effecting a transmission’s lifespan, and good upkeep can help it last even longer.
How do I know if my Honda transmission is bad?
The Signs of My Honda’s Transmission Going Out
- Slow Shifting When the Engine is Cold.
- Increased Coasting Time.
- Delayed Acceleration in a Warm Engine.
- Knocking or Clunking When Shifting.
- Fluid Leaks.
Are Honda automatic transmissions good?
Jeep also faced problems in some of their models and one of them is their Compass model. The good news for Honda owners with the CVT is that Honda models equipped with CVT are known to be the most reliable among all the lineups and among all carmaker brands Honda has the longest CVT transmission life expectancy.
How long does a Honda transmission last?
Time and mileage vary between car drivers and how they use or abuse their transmissions. Still, typical automatic transmissions last around 150,00 to 200,000 miles or approximately 7 years. Cases exist in both extremes; extreme longevity and early failure.
What is the most reliable Honda car?
Top 8 Most Reliable Used Cars from Honda
- #7 – Used Honda Ridgeline (2006 – 2014)
- #6 – Used Honda CR-V (2012 – 2016)
- #5 – Used Honda Accord (2013 – 2017)
- #4 – Used Honda Odyssey (2011 – 2017)
- #3 – Used Honda Civic (2016 – 2019)
- #2 – Used Honda Pilot (2009 – 2015)
- #1 – Used Honda Element (2003 – 2011)
- Find the Best Used Cars for Sale.
Does Honda still have transmission problems?
Honda has recognized that some of their models have worse transmission problems. They have offered some owners out-of-warranty compensation. They do suggest that you should call Honda customer service to get this repair done instead of going to your local dealership.
How much does it cost to fix a Honda transmission?
Sample Transmission Rebuild Costs
|Honda CR-V||$503 – $714||$1758 – $2574|
|Honda Civic||$514 – $765||$1717 – $2687|
|Honda Accord||$480 – $699||$1647 – $2448|
|Ford Fusion||$410 – $715||$1580 – $2493|
Are Acura cars expensive to maintain?
Cost of Acura Maintenance
Acura is a luxury brand, but the cost of the vehicles don’t carry the higher luxury price tag. They are also not expensive to maintain. According to YourMechanic.com, Acura ranks 11th out of 30 on a list of the most and least expensive cars to maintain.
How much does it cost to rebuild a Acura TL transmission?
A used/salvage transmission ranges from $800 to $1500, a rebuilt transmission from $1100 to $2800 and a remanufactured from $1300 to $3400. The labor to remove and replace a transmission ranges from $500 to $1200 for 4 to 10 hours of billed time.
How much does it cost to rebuild a transmission yourself?
The cost of rebuilding a transmission at a shop varies. A good estimate cost for a transmission rebuild at a shop is between $1500 and $3000 as of 2009. Doing it yourself would likely be under $500, considering that all you have to pay for are the parts, not the labor.