- 1 Has GM fixed the transmission problems?
- 2 How long do Silverado transmissions last?
- 3 How do you reset the transmission on a Chevy Silverado?
- 4 Is the 5.3 reliable?
- 5 Are Chevy Silverados reliable?
- 6 Are Chevy Silverados good?
- 7 What is the best year for a Chevy Silverado?
- 8 What trucks last the longest?
- 9 How many hours will a 5.3 Vortec last?
- 10 How do you reset your transmission?
- 11 What are symptoms of a bad transmission control module?
- 12 Can you fix a transmission control module?
- 13 Is the Chevy 5.3 a good engine?
- 14 How much HP can a 5.3 LS make?
- 15 Which Silverado engine is best?
Has GM fixed the transmission problems?
Since the service bulletins have come out, many owners have found that the new fluid does indeed fix the shudder issue. After driving for a week or so, the new fluid cleans up many of the internal issues as the adaptive shift algorithms go through their “relearning” process.
How long do Silverado transmissions last?
How Long Do the Transmissions Last? Subject to maintenance, your transmission will probably need replacement between 150,000 and 200,000 miles.
How do you reset the transmission on a Chevy Silverado?
Steps to Resetting Transmission Control Module
- Step 1: Turning Key Position.
- Step 2: Press the accelerator pedal.
- Step 3: Keep Waiting.
- Step 4: Turning the Key Off.
- Step 5: Releasing Gas Pedal.
- Step 6: Wait Again.
- Step 7: Ready.
Is the 5.3 reliable?
5.3L V8 Vortec 5300 Reliability
The Vortec 5.3 is widely regarded as extremely reliable, with most engines having a lifespan within the 200k-300k mileage range.
Are Chevy Silverados reliable?
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 5th out of 17 for fullsize trucks.
Are Chevy Silverados good?
According to RepairPal, the Chevy Silverado ranks slightly above average for a reliable truck. It ranks at a 3.5 out of 5, while the average reliable truck has a rated of 3. It also ranks in 5th place out of 17 full-size trucks. The Ram 1500 is listed as the most reliable full-size truck.
What is the best year for a Chevy Silverado?
What’s the best year for a used Chevrolet Silverado? While all Silverados hold pretty good reputations for durability and longevity, we think a late-model second-generation Silverado from 2011 to 2014 strikes a good balance between an affordable low-cost truck and a truck with modern features and equipment.
What trucks last the longest?
The 5 Longest-Lasting Used Trucks
- Honda Ridgeline. The Honda Ridgeline comes in at first place in the category of trucks most likely to last 200,000 miles.
- Toyota Tacoma. The Toyota Tacoma is another midsize truck that can provide reliability and longevity.
- Toyota Tundra.
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500.
- Ford F-150.
How many hours will a 5.3 Vortec last?
I would say it’s probably comparable to a truck with around 3500-4000 hours on it. In comparison, I had several issued blue ovals that made it to well over 11,000 hours (because they were idled 7 hours a day, 5 days a week, for over 10 years) and only ever acquired 85k miles.
How do you reset your transmission?
Procedure Reset Transmission Adaptive Learning DIY
- Turn the key to position 2. You should see all the dash lights come on.
- Press the gas pedal all the way.
- Turn key to OFF, position 0.
- Release the gas pedal.
- Wait 2 minutes.
- Start the car and drive.
What are symptoms of a bad transmission control module?
Signs of a Bad Transmission Control Module
- Unpredictable shifting.
- Trouble shifting into higher gear.
- Trouble downshifting.
- Getting stuck in the same gear.
- Poor fuel economy.
- Check engine light comes on.
Can you fix a transmission control module?
Another option is to repair your TCM. The transmission control module repair cost will in almost all cases be lower than replacing with a new module. On average, expect to pay around $300 to repair your transmission control module.
Is the Chevy 5.3 a good engine?
The 5.3L V8 Vortec 5300 considered as an engine that is extremely reliable. In fact, many vehicle owners with the engine report having the engine run without minimal issues up 220k miles. Additionally, the engine blocks are very bulletproof too.
How much HP can a 5.3 LS make?
The normally aspirated 5.3L eventually produced 503 hp at 6,600 rpm and 441 lb-ft of torque at 5,700 rpm. The new heads, cam, and intake shifted the power curve higher in the rev range, as a stock 5.3L will produce peak power at just 5,400 rpm.
Which Silverado engine is best?
The award-winning 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 is Silverado’s most powerful engine, generating 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. It’s this 6.2L engine that gives the 2020 Silverado 1500 its Best-in-Class maximum towing capacity of 13,400 pounds.