- 1 Is a 1999 Cadillac DeVille a good car?
- 2 How much is a 99 Cadillac DeVille worth?
- 3 What is the best year for Cadillac DeVille?
- 4 Is the Cadillac DeVille reliable?
- 5 Is Cadillac Northstar a good engine?
- 6 What year Cadillac has head gasket problems?
- 7 How much is a 98 Cadillac DeVille worth?
- 8 How much is a 1999 Cadillac STS worth?
- 9 What is a 1997 Cadillac DeVille worth?
- 10 What year did Cadillac fix the Northstar head gasket problem?
- 11 What is wrong with Cadillac Northstar?
- 12 What is the best year Cadillac?
- 13 Why does the Northstar engine overheat?
- 14 How much horsepower does a Northstar V8 have?
- 15 When did Cadillac stop making the DeVille?
Is a 1999 Cadillac DeVille a good car?
I would highly recommend this car to all my friends and family. It handles very smooth both in the city and on the highway, and gets a very decent MPG’s for a V-8. So, overall, I am completely satisfied with my Cadillac DeVille and will surely by another Cadillac in a few years.
How much is a 99 Cadillac DeVille worth?
How much is a 1999 Cadillac DeVille worth? The value of a used 1999 Cadillac DeVille ranges from $264 to $1,654, based on vehicle condition, mileage, and options.
What is the best year for Cadillac DeVille?
The 20 Best Cadillac DeVille Models of All-Time
- 2001 Cadillac DeVille.
- 2000 Cadillac DeVille.
- 1999 Cadillac DeVille.
- 1994 Cadillac DeVille Concours.
- 2003 Cadillac DeVille.
- 2005 Cadillac DeVille.
- 2002 Cadillac DeVille.
- 1959 Cadillac DeVille.
Is the Cadillac DeVille reliable?
The DeVille ranks 20th in reliability out of 27 Cadillac models. Its overall PainRank™ of 9.61 is based on relative complaint analysis from 199 owner complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 16 model years. The DeVille has 3 generations and we’d recommend avoiding the 8th generation which runs from 2000–2005.
Is Cadillac Northstar a good engine?
The original L37 features and performance produced 290 horsepower, with the engine topping out at around 300 horsepower. This shows that the Northstar engine produced some of the most powerful domestic front wheel cars on the market, and the Northstar engine and the performance are very good.
What year Cadillac has head gasket problems?
The popular 2000 and 2002 Cadillac DeVilles are prime casualties, with the engine tending to overheat due to a leaking head gasket.
How much is a 98 Cadillac DeVille worth?
How much is a 1998 Cadillac DeVille worth? The value of a used 1998 Cadillac DeVille ranges from $228 to $1,445, based on vehicle condition, mileage, and options.
How much is a 1999 Cadillac STS worth?
Enter a zip and mileage to find market value in your area
|Average Market Value||$3,804|
|Low Market Value||$2,853|
|High Market Value||$4,755|
What is a 1997 Cadillac DeVille worth?
How much is a 1997 Cadillac DeVille worth? The value of a used 1997 Cadillac DeVille ranges from $189 to $1,269, based on vehicle condition, mileage, and options.
What year did Cadillac fix the Northstar head gasket problem?
Some reports say by the 2000 Deville (new body style,) most of the head gasket issues had been fixed. Other places say 2002 the majority was fixed. Yet others say not until 2004 did the majority of the head gasket issues get “solved.”
What is wrong with Cadillac Northstar?
Many Northstar engines became well known for their tendencies to experience head gasket failure. The most common years of the head gasket issue, by far, are 1997-1999. In 2000, Cadillac lengthened the head bolts, which decreased the chance of having the failure; however, it did not eliminate the issue entirely.
What is the best year Cadillac?
Top Cadillac Models of All Time: 13 Best Used Car Finds
- 1915 Cadillac Type 51. This model introduced both the V8 engine and mass production.
- 1937 Cadillac Phaeton 5859. The 1937 Phaeton 5859 was not built for the masses.
- 1949 Cadillac De Ville. This model started a Cadillac trend.
- 1959 Eldorado Biarritz.
- 1968 De Ville.
- 1975 Coupe DeVille.
- 1982 Eldorado Touring Coupe.
- 1987 Allante.
Why does the Northstar engine overheat?
The thermostat gauges the temperature of the engine to control the flow of coolant into the cylinder block and radiator. A faulty thermostat might not open, meaning coolant won’t flow. This in turn will cause the engine to overheat.
How much horsepower does a Northstar V8 have?
The Cadillac DTS V8 is a front-wheel drive sedan with all-speed traction control and a Northstar 4.6-liter DOHC V8 engine with 275 horsepower at 6000 rpm and 295 lb-ft of torque at 4400 rpm and is fit with a 4-speed automatic transmission.
When did Cadillac stop making the DeVille?
A classic nameplate within Cadillac, DeVille was retired by the luxury car brand after the 2005 model year. Cadillacs largest sedan was named the DTS starting in 2006.