- 1 Is a 2005 Chevy Equinox a good car?
- 2 How many miles does a 2005 Chevy Equinox last?
- 3 Do Chevy Equinox have a lot of problems?
- 4 Is Chevrolet Equinox a reliable car?
- 5 What is the best year for Chevy Equinox?
- 6 What is the best year for a used Chevy Equinox?
- 7 What problems do Chevy Equinox have?
- 8 Do Chevy Equinox have engine problems?
- 9 Do Chevy Equinox last long?
- 10 Which is better Ford Edge or Chevy Equinox?
- 11 Which is better Traverse or Equinox?
- 12 Do Chevy Equinox hold their value?
- 13 What is the best Chevy SUV to buy?
- 14 What is the best SUV to buy?
Is a 2005 Chevy Equinox a good car?
The Equinox has a roomy rear seat rivalling that of some large sedans and SUVs. But overall, it doesn’t compare well with competing models. We found interior quality subpar and seating very uncomfortable. Further, rear seats that don’t fold flat and obtrusive wheelwells limit the usefulness of the cargo area.
How many miles does a 2005 Chevy Equinox last?
I have a 2005 equinox that has 315,000 and is still going. Ernest P. The chevy equinox has been reported to last about 150 – 200,000 miles with proper repair and scheduled maintenance.
Do Chevy Equinox have a lot of problems?
The complaint of excessive oil consumption seems to be the biggest issue. Other Equinox owners report that their vehicle consumes more than a quart of oil per 1,000 miles. When the time comes for an oil change, the crankcase may be empty. Low engine oil from excessive oil consumption- is a huge cause of a blown engine.
Is Chevrolet Equinox a reliable car?
The Chevrolet Equinox Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 23rd out of 26 for compact SUVs. The average annual repair cost is $537 which means it has lower than average ownership costs.
What is the best year for Chevy Equinox?
Although the second-generation for the Chevy Equinox kicked off with the model year 2010, we suggest going for a 2011 model instead. There were a number of improvements made to the Equinox for its second-generation, which make it a great choice when you’re looking at used Chevy SUVs for sale.
What is the best year for a used Chevy Equinox?
The 2016 through 2018 Chevrolet Equinox was recently recognized by Consumer Reports as a Best Used Car For Under $20,000 in the Midsize SUV category. The organization applauded the Equinox’s sizable rear seat, responsive handling, quality ride, and quiet cabin.
What problems do Chevy Equinox have?
Our investigation has revealed that a number of consumers who own or lease Chevy Equinox vehicles have had problems or issues with the transmission, with lurching, jerking, erratic performance, and whining noise reported. Others have reported Equinox complaints including: Engine Problems. Excessive Oil Consumption.
Do Chevy Equinox have engine problems?
Problems plague the engine no matter where it was used. The issue centers around excessive oil consumption. According to CarComplaints.com, the model had two recalls and 772 complaints. One owner of a 2013 model in South Carolina said they were adding as much as four to six quarts per month.
Do Chevy Equinox last long?
Here is the short answer to how long Chevrolet Equinox lasts: Chevrolet Equinox models have been reported to last 150,000 to 200,000 miles with regular servicing and prompt repairs. Based on the national average of miles driven per year (15,000 miles), a Chevrolet Equinox can last 10 to 13 years.
Which is better Ford Edge or Chevy Equinox?
Passengers in the backseat will be able to stretch out a lot more in the Ford Edge than in the Chevrolet Equinox, due to its greater head- and legroom. The Ford Edge will be a hit with tall drivers and their front seat passengers, since it has greater front head- and legroom than the Chevrolet Equinox.
Which is better Traverse or Equinox?
The Chevy Equinox performance is the more efficient of the two. While its 1.5L turbo 4-cylinder generates 170 hp, its diesel option can deliver up to 39 mpg on the highway! The Traverse is more powerful with its 3.6L V6 available on the entry-level trim, achieving up to 310 hp on the open road.
Do Chevy Equinox hold their value?
A Chevrolet Equinox will depreciate 55% after 5 years and have a 5 year resale value of $14,101.
What is the best Chevy SUV to buy?
- The Chevy Trax: The best crossover for urban commuters.
- The Chevy Equinox: The best compact SUV for teen drivers.
- The Chevy Blazer: The best sporty midsize SUV on the market.
- The Chevy Traverse: The best midsize SUV for growing families.
- The Chevy Tahoe: The best full-size SUV for tech lovers.
What is the best SUV to buy?
- 2021 Hyundai Palisade.
- 2021 Kia Sorento.
- 2021 Toyota Highlander.
- 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime.
- 2021 Ford Escape.
- 2021 Hyundai Santa Fe.
- 2021 Nissan Rogue. The Nissan Rogue is a popular compact crossover SUV that seats five and has plenty of cargo space.
- 2021 Lincoln Aviator. The Lincoln Aviator is the luxury brand’s midsize SUV.