- 1 Are my airbags on the recall list?
- 2 How do I find out if my airbag has been recalled?
- 3 Which cars have been recalled for faulty airbags?
- 4 Can Honda do Acura recalls?
- 5 What cars are on recall list?
- 6 What GM vehicles are being recalled for airbags?
- 7 How do I check if my car has a recall?
- 8 How do I check if my airbag is safe?
- 9 Where can I get my Takata airbag replaced?
- 10 How long does an airbag last?
- 11 How long does it take to replace an airbag?
- 12 How many people died globally due to the defective airbag?
- 13 What is the latest Honda recall?
- 14 How do I know if my Honda has a recall?
- 15 What Honda models have airbag recall 2019?
Are my airbags on the recall list?
Visit NHTSA.gov/recalls to find out if your car or truck is under recall. Search using your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Your search result will tell you if your car or truck is included in this recall or any other safety recall. Call your local dealer to schedule the FREE repair.
How do I find out if my airbag has been recalled?
You can check if your airbag is on the recall list by searching your vehicle model using one of the following options:
- Contact your vehicle manufacturer or visit their website.
- Product Safety Australia website.
- Is my airbag safe website.
Which cars have been recalled for faulty airbags?
Drivers should check if their motor vehicle is recalled to replace faulty Takata airbags.
|Make & model||Year Range||PRA No.|
|Honda Civic Hybrid||2004||2019/17658|
Can Honda do Acura recalls?
When it is, Honda and Acura dealers will replace the faulty airbag inflators free of charge. How to contact the manufacturer: Honda will send notifications to owners of affected vehicles starting March 9, 2020, and will send a second notification once a repair is available.
What cars are on recall list?
- Acura (Honda) 2003 Acura 3.2CL.
- Audi (VW) 2006-2013 Audi A3.
- BMW. 2008-2013 BMW 1 Series.
- Cadillac (GM) 2007-2014 Cadillac Escalade.
- Chevrolet (GM) 2007-2013 Chevrolet Avalanche.
- Chrysler. 2005-2015 Chrysler 300.
- Daimler Trucks North America (Sterling Bullet)
- Daimler Vans USA LLC (Sprinter)
What GM vehicles are being recalled for airbags?
That means owners of 5.9 million SUVs and trucks in the U.S. from the 2007 through 2014 model years—including the Chevrolet Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, and Avalanche, GMC Sierra and Yukon, and Cadillac Escalade—will need to have their passenger-side airbags replaced.
How do I check if my car has a recall?
Owners may not always know their recalled vehicle still needs to be repaired. NHTSA’s new search tool lets you enter a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to quickly learn if a specific vehicle has not been repaired as part of a safety recall in the last 15 years.
How do I check if my airbag is safe?
The NRMA urges vehicle owners to check IsMyAirBagSafe.com.au to see if their vehicle is affected. Owners can have affected cars towed to the dealership by the manufacturer and have the airbag replaced for free.
Where can I get my Takata airbag replaced?
It is critical that you immediately contact Holden Customer Care on 1800 632 826 to arrange to have the airbag replaced. There will be no charge for the repair. A vehicle tow service or mobile repair technician can be arranged. How do I find out if my vehicle is subject to a Critical Safety Recall?
How long does an airbag last?
But the airbag is a sealed unit, not exposed to the elements or wear and tear or other factors that would affect the life of other components. It is generally believed within the industry that airbags are good for 10-15 years without concern.
How long does it take to replace an airbag?
If repair parts are not already in inventory, they generally arrive in a matter of days. The repair work is expected to take about 2 hours to complete, depending on dealer schedules. While repair times can vary from 1 to 2 hours, wait times might be longer depending on dealer schedules.
How many people died globally due to the defective airbag?
Globally, ruptures of defective Takata airbags have been associated with at least 32 deaths and over 350 injuries. In Australia, one person has been killed and another seriously injured in separate incidents involving defective Takata airbags.
What is the latest Honda recall?
This recall includes 2018–2020 Accord and Accord Hybrid and 2019–2020 Honda Insight vehicles. Owners will be notified starting in January, and they are asked to take their vehicles in to dealers for a software update to address the problem. 2002 Honda CR-V.
How do I know if my Honda has a recall?
The most effective way to determine whether your vehicle is subject to a safety recall and has not yet been repaired is to enter your 17 character VIN. VIN search results will return safety recalls specific to your vehicle that have not yet been completed.
What Honda models have airbag recall 2019?
Acura models include the 2003 3.2CL, the 2013 ILX, the 2003-2006 MDX, the 2015 RDX, the 2005-2012 RL, the 2002-2003 3.2TL, the 2009-2014 TL, the 2009-2014 TSX, and the 2010-2013 ZDX. Owners of the recalled vehicles are expected to receive mailed notification starting in mid-August 2019.