- 1 How much HP can a 335i handle?
- 2 How can I make my N54 faster?
- 3 Is the 2009 BMW 335i Twin Turbo?
- 4 How much horsepower does a BMW 335i Twin Turbo?
- 5 Is a 135i faster than a 335i?
- 6 Is the BMW 335i faster than the M3?
- 7 What year BMW 335i is best?
- 8 How much HP does JB4 add?
- 9 Does the N54 have forged internals?
- 10 What are common problems with BMW 335i?
- 11 Are 2009 335i reliable?
- 12 How much is a 2009 BMW 335i worth?
- 13 How long do BMW 335i turbos last?
- 14 How reliable are BMW 335i?
- 15 Does BMW lie about horsepower?
How much HP can a 335i handle?
N54 Engine Limits – Simple Answer
The N54 can handle around 600-650whp and 550-600wtq on the stock block and internals.
How can I make my N54 faster?
1. Dual Cone Intakes – VRSF or BMS. Dual cone intakes are an essential bolt-on upgrade for your N54 if you are looking to further tune and modify your car. DCI’s will allow your twin-turbos to take in more air, creating more pressure and combustion, resulting in more horsepower.
Is the 2009 BMW 335i Twin Turbo?
The EPA rates the two-door 335i at 17/26 mpg.
Still the Standard, Five Years Later.
|2009 BMW 335i Coupe|
|Vehicle layout||Front-engine, RWD, 4-pass, 2-door, coupe,|
|Engine||3.0L/300-hp/300-lb-ft twin–turbo DOHC 24-valve I-6|
|Transmission||6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic|
How much horsepower does a BMW 335i Twin Turbo?
|Engine type||twin turbo R6|
|Displacement||3.0 l (183 ci)|
|Power||306 ps (302 bhp / 225 kw)|
|Torque||400 Nm (295 lb-ft)|
|Power / liter||102 ps (101 hp)|
Is a 135i faster than a 335i?
The 135i is faster, but not by much. There is about a 200-300 lb. difference between the two. I think the 135i is significantly cheaper as well.
Is the BMW 335i faster than the M3?
Even though my tuned 335i was faster it felt nothing like the M3, M3 felt so much faster, maybe its the suspension or the chassis. Not only that it felt faster it also handled much much better and the steering feel is just amazing.
What year BMW 335i is best?
2009 BMW 335i (E Chassis, N54 Engine)
However, if you want a model with iDrive features the 2009+ 335i system is much better. All 2009 335i are LCI body styles. Additionally, M Sport packages for the 335i became available for later 2009 models.
How much HP does JB4 add?
From what I understand, JB4 is just a boost controller. Stock boost is around 18PSI and MAP2 hits around 23PSI.
Does the N54 have forged internals?
No N54 or N55 has forged internals, lul. The only thing forged on the N54 is the crank, period.
What are common problems with BMW 335i?
The Common Issues
- High-Pressure Fuel Pump or HPFP. If the engine is the heart of the problem, the HPFP is the arteries.
- Wastegate Rattle. This is one of the worst issues that specifically plague the N54.
- Leaky and/or Clogged Fuel Injectors.
- Valve Cover/ Gasket Leak.
- Water Pump.
- AC Evaporator.
Are 2009 335i reliable?
Reliable car, good performance and very comfortab. Good every day vehicle. Nice performance and comfortable on the highway as well as the back roads. It’s a BMW!
How much is a 2009 BMW 335i worth?
2009 BMW 3 Series Retail Prices
|Trim||MSRP||CarGurus Instant Market Value|
|335i Coupe RWD||$42,000||$10,413|
|335d Sedan RWD||$43,900||$9,292|
|328i Coupe RWD||$36,300||$8,727|
|328i xDrive Coupe AWD||$38,100||$8,566|
How long do BMW 335i turbos last?
After a while it seems that repairs are too much $$ to maintain a 9 year old car.. 60-80k is how long stock turbos usually last. 60-80k is how long stock turbos usually last.
How reliable are BMW 335i?
The BMW 335i Reliability Rating is 2.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 28th out of 31 for luxury midsize cars. The average annual repair cost is $1,030 which means it has poor ownership costs.
Does BMW lie about horsepower?
It’s widely known that BMW is rather conservative with the performance specs it publicizes, especially with its performance cars. BMW advertises the current M5 Competition as having 617 horsepower at the crank, but independent dyno testing reveals it’s closer to 700.