- 1 What does transmission malfunction mean on BMW?
- 2 Does BMW have transmission problems?
- 3 Is the 2008 BMW 535i reliable?
- 4 How do you know transmission is bad?
- 5 How much does it cost to fix a BMW transmission?
- 6 How do I get my transmission out of safe mode?
- 7 How do you reset the transmission?
- 8 What can cause a transmission to go into limp mode?
- 9 How do you check a BMW transmission?
- 10 How long does BMW transmission last?
- 11 How many miles can a BMW last for?
- 12 How much is a 2008 BMW 535i worth?
- 13 How reliable are BMW 535i?
- 14 How much is a 2008 BMW worth?
What does transmission malfunction mean on BMW?
If transmission malfunction, drive moderately error message pops up on your BMW. One thing that you should always check is the automatic transmission fluid level. As the level is low, there is no transmission fluid for the oil pump, which causes the transmission to go in FailSafe or Limp mode.
Does BMW have transmission problems?
BMW owners report that the expensive transmission failures show up most often in 3 series cars as well as the X3 and X5 BMW SUVs. Robert began having problems with the transmission in his X5 In Lawrenceville, Georgia about a month before the transmission failed altogether.
Is the 2008 BMW 535i reliable?
It is a very fun car, very comfortable and pretty decent mpg for the power you get from the engine. Reliability is pretty decent, haven’t spent a lot with it, just regular maintenance.
How do you know transmission is bad?
The top signs why your transmission may be failing:
- Transmission won’t engage or stay in gear.
- Shifts are delayed or missing gears.
- Transmission slipping or engine is revving high.
- Transmission fluid is leaking.
- If there’s a burning smell.
- If there is buzzing, clunking, humming noise.
- Car has no power.
How much does it cost to fix a BMW transmission?
Since the transmission is essential to the function of the car, it can be a pretty expensive repair. If you need to repair your BMW transmission, you should plan on spending anywhere from $1,800 to $5,000.
How do I get my transmission out of safe mode?
How to get out of a Limp Mode?
- Don’t panic, remain cool and calm.
- Bring your car in an uncrowded part of the road.
- Bring the automatic transmission into “PARK”.
- Turn off the ignition switch.
- Wait for 10-20 seconds.
- Then turn on the engine.
- Shift the gear to anything you want.
How do you reset the transmission?
Procedure Reset Transmission Adaptive Learning DIY
- Turn the key to position 2. You should see all the dash lights come on.
- Press the gas pedal all the way.
- Turn key to OFF, position 0.
- Release the gas pedal.
- Wait 2 minutes.
- Start the car and drive.
What can cause a transmission to go into limp mode?
Other possible problems that can put your car in limp mode include:
- Transmission valve body.
- Overboots or under boost ( Turbo engines )
- Faulty engine sensors.
- Damaged wire harness.
- Ground connection.
- Low battery voltage.
- ABS or Brake system issues.
- Wheel speed sensor.
How do you check a BMW transmission?
Our Guide to Checking Your Transmission Fluid
- Turn the engine on for a few minutes before you check the level.
- Locate the transmission fluid dipstick.
- Remove the dipstick and touch the fluid.
- Use a rag to wipe off the dipstick.
- Use a funnel to properly fill the vehicle, taking care to avoid overfilling it.
How long does BMW transmission last?
Without service and maintenance, some transmissions can fail in as little as 100,000 miles. If you drive around 10-15,000 miles a year, your transmission could be down for the count in seven years! With care and service, transmissions can last 300,000 miles or more.
How many miles can a BMW last for?
Usually 200,000-250,000 miles with good maintenance.
How much is a 2008 BMW 535i worth?
2008 BMW 5 Series Value – $1,386-$7,339 | Edmunds.
How reliable are BMW 535i?
The BMW 535i Reliability Rating is 2.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 18th out of 30 for luxury fullsize cars. The average annual repair cost is $977 which means it has poor ownership costs.
How much is a 2008 BMW worth?
2008 BMW 3 Series Retail Prices
|Trim||MSRP||CarGurus Instant Market Value|
|328xi Coupe AWD||$37,100||$7,589|
|328xi Sedan AWD||$34,300||$7,180|
|328i Coupe RWD||$35,300||$8,264|
|328i Convertible RWD||$43,200||$10,179|