- 1 How much does a C6 Corvette cost?
- 2 Is a C6 Corvette fast?
- 3 What is the best C6 Corvette to buy?
- 4 Why are Corvettes so cheap?
- 5 Are C6 Corvettes expensive to maintain?
- 6 Why are Corvettes so dangerous?
- 7 Which is better C6 or C7?
- 8 Which is better C5 or C6 Corvette?
- 9 What is the best year for the C6 Corvette?
- 10 What’s the best year Corvette to buy?
- 11 What is the best year Corvette to buy?
- 12 Are Corvettes good daily drivers?
- 13 What is the cheapest Corvette to buy?
- 14 Are Corvettes safe in crashes?
- 15 Do Corvettes hold their value?
How much does a C6 Corvette cost?
However, in today’s used market, you can find the standard C6 Corvette for under $20,000 depending on the mileage and condition of the car, while the Z06 models are selling for around $30,000 to $40,000.
Is a C6 Corvette fast?
C6 First Generation
 The 6.0L (364 cu in) LS2 V8 produced 400 bhp (300 kW) at 6000 rpm and 400 lb•ft (540 N•m) at 4400 rpm, giving the vehicle a 0–60 time of under 4.2 seconds. Its top speed was 190 mph (310 km/h).
What is the best C6 Corvette to buy?
Arguably, the Grand Sport model was one of the best looking Corvettes of the C6-generation. As in 2009, unit sales of the 2010 Corvette continued to decline significantly over the previous year.
Why are Corvettes so cheap?
Corvette Chief Engineer and Vehicle Line Manager Tadge Juechter attributed the C8’s remarkably low starting price to GM’s economy of scale, which allows the automaker to provide a lot of content in the vehicle without having customers pay for extras.
Are C6 Corvettes expensive to maintain?
Maintenance Costs. Although Corvettes are still far more affordable than most European sports cars, it is important to remember that the Corvette is a performance automobile. As such, it has more expensive hardware under the hood. Other maintenance items on Corvettes tend to be more expensive as well.
Why are Corvettes so dangerous?
The sheer power of the Corvette when combined with its small frame turned it into a relativity bullet that tended murder its occupants in the event of a collision.
Which is better C6 or C7?
The C7 will beat the pants off of the equivalent version of the C6 in both power and handling, but the C6 will feel more powerful, which may be more fun given most of us will never see a track, so what it feels like may be more important than actual performance numbers.
Which is better C5 or C6 Corvette?
Inside, the C6 Corvette really delivers a significant upgrade over the C5, with more premium materials and a driver-focused cockpit design that still feels modern. As good as the C5 is, some of the buttons and switches look sourced straight out of the mid-1990s Chevy Lumina.
What is the best year for the C6 Corvette?
C6 Corvette: The Best Model Years, Ranked
- 8 2012 Centennial Edition Z06 Corvette.
- 7 2006 Corvette Z06.
- 6 2013 Corvette 427 Convertible.
- 5 2007 Corvette Special Editions.
- 4 2009 Chevrolet Corvette GT1 Championship Edition.
- 3 2010 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible.
- 2 2009 Corvette ZR1.
- 1 2011 Corvette Z06 Carbon Fiber Edition.
What’s the best year Corvette to buy?
12 Corvettes We Wouldn’t Take For Free (And 12 That Are Worth Every Dollar)
- 1 Best: 2020 Corvette C8.
- 2 Best: 2019 Corvette ZR1.
- 3 Best: 2009-2013 Corvette ZR1.
- 4 Best: 2000-2004 Corvette Z06.
- 5 Best: 1990-1995 Corvette ZR-1.
- 6 Best: 1988 Corvette Callaway Sledgehammer.
- 7 Best: 1969 Corvette ZL1.
- 8 Best: 1967-1969 Corvette L88.
What is the best year Corvette to buy?
Which Are the Best Used Corvettes to Buy?
- 1987 Chevrolet Corvette. 1987 Chevrolet Corvette takes the top place among affordable and classic used Corvettes for sale in KY.
- 2010 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1.
- 2011 Corvette Z06.
- 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray Z51.
- 2017 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport.
- 2018 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport.
Are Corvettes good daily drivers?
Yes! They specifically test them for daily driving use and intend for them to be used as both a daily driver and a track car. It’s the best of both worlds! I recommend reading “all corvettes are red” for an inside look.
What is the cheapest Corvette to buy?
On that note, here are five of the cheapest Corvettes currently listed for sale on Autotrader.
- Cheapest Overall Corvette — $3,899.
- Cheapest C7 Corvette — $27,500.
- Cheapest C6 Corvette — $10,995.
- Cheapest Corvette Z06 — $13,890.
- Cheapest Corvette ZR-1 — $21,900.
Are Corvettes safe in crashes?
Though it has not had any major flaws or issues, smaller subcompact cars like the Mirage can struggle to protect passengers from the impact of a crash. The Chevrolet Corvette Corvette had a fatal accident rate of 9.8 cars per billion miles, the second-highest rate among recent model year vehicles, iSeeCars found.
Do Corvettes hold their value?
On average, a sports car depreciated 46.6 percent over five years. The Corvette placed third for the way it held its value better than many other nameplates. Cars from BMW, Audi and Porsche were slammed with depreciation factors in the upper 50 and low 60-percent range.