- 1 How much does it cost to replace a BMW convertible top?
- 2 How much does it cost to fix a convertible top motor?
- 3 How do I reset my BMW convertible top?
- 4 How long do BMW convertible tops last?
- 5 How much does it cost to turn car into convertible?
- 6 Is it hard to replace a convertible top?
- 7 Can convertible tops be repaired?
- 8 Why is my convertible top not working?
- 9 How do I reset my E46 convertible top?
How much does it cost to replace a BMW convertible top?
A BMW replacement top installed by the dealer is $2,600 ($1,500 for the top & $1,100 labor.) A Robbins top installed by a competent shop is $800. ($400 for the top & $400 labor.)
How much does it cost to fix a convertible top motor?
How Much Does It Cost For A Convertible Top repair? As you can imagine, there are many different factors that will affect the overall cost of a convertible top repair. Typically you will spend anywhere from $500 to $1,000 on a convertible top repair.
How do I reset my BMW convertible top?
Continuing to hold this switch, turn the key to the “accessory” position (without starting the car) and hold it there. After about twelve seconds the lid will be sucked down into the locked position, and then after a few more seconds the top will start its normal closing procedure.
How long do BMW convertible tops last?
Convertible Top Lifespan
A well maintained top in a geographically top-friendly area can last 12 years or more.
How much does it cost to turn car into convertible?
The cost of conversion starts at about $2,000 and, depending on the other customizing work required, can skyrocket to as much as $50,000. In the late 1970s the convertible became a collector’s item, and exorbitant price tags were attached to used factory-produced ragtops.
Is it hard to replace a convertible top?
Replacing a convertible top is a process that requires a lot of patience and a few carefully planned steps. Let’s take a look at how it’s done: Start by removing the lids from the rear of the car body. Then cover the deck lid.
Can convertible tops be repaired?
Repairing a convertible top is not as easy as stitches and patches. So that’s one of the reasons you see convertible tops with duct tape instead of patches — there just isn’t an adhesive that does the job well. So you’ll need to use something to seal your tear and hold the patch and that’s why people use stitching.
Why is my convertible top not working?
In most cases, convertible top problems are either caused due to electrical problems or low hydraulic fluid level caused by a leak.
How do I reset my E46 convertible top?
How to Reset an E46 Convertible Top
- Press down on the emergency lock button, located between the rear seats. Release the button.
- Grasp the convertible top on the side and on the top convertible top frame. Lift the top up and forward until you meet with resistance.
- Pry out the cover panel in the middle of the front convertible top frame.