- 1 Is the BMW 550i reliable?
- 2 Is the 2008 BMW 550i reliable?
- 3 Are BMW V8 engines reliable?
- 4 How long do BMW V8 engines last?
- 5 How many miles can a BMW 550i last?
- 6 What year BMW is most reliable?
- 7 How much is a 2008 BMW 550i worth?
- 8 What is the difference between a BMW 535i and 550i?
- 9 Is the 2008 BMW 535i reliable?
- 10 Why are BMW engines so bad?
- 11 Why is BMW bad?
- 12 Why are BMW so unreliable?
- 13 Which BMW engines are reliable?
- 14 Is a BMW a V8?
- 15 How long do BMW 540i last?
Is the BMW 550i reliable?
The BMW 550i Reliability Rating is 1.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 29th out of 30 for luxury fullsize cars. The frequency and severity of repairs are both much higher than the average vehicle, which means you can expect more major repairs for the 550i.
Is the 2008 BMW 550i reliable?
If you like comfortable, sporty and cool car, there is nothing like bmw 550i. Very luxurious, fast and reliable.
|4.6 out of 5 stars||Comfort|
|4.3 out of 5 stars||Value for the Money|
|4.3 out of 5 stars||Interior Design|
|4.5 out of 5 stars||Reliability|
|4.7 out of 5 stars||Performance|
Are BMW V8 engines reliable?
BMW v8 engines are fairly unreliable compared to BMW’s famous inline six-cylinder engine. Certain BMW v8 engines have problems with valve stem seals, the valley pan cover gasket, excessive oil consumption, engine leaks, and premature engine component failure.
How long do BMW V8 engines last?
Typically these engines fail due to timing chain guide issues, and this can occur anywhere between about 80k and 200k miles. This is either fatal, as in the car gets scrapped, or it gets repaired at a cist of between $650 to several thousand dollars, depending on if you do the work yourself, or take it to a shop.
How many miles can a BMW 550i last?
These cars can go 300,000 miles when well maintained. Check the CarFax or AutoCheck report for more helpful information.
What year BMW is most reliable?
What is the Best Used BMW to Buy?
- 2006-2011 BMW 3 Series. After going through a redesign in 2006, the 3-Series was offered as sedan (E90), wagon (E91), coupe (E92), and convertible (E93).
- 2004 to 2010 BMW 5-Series (E60 and E61)
- 2002 to 2008 BMW 7-Series.
- 2008-2011 BMW 1 Series.
- 2006-2010 BMW X3.
How much is a 2008 BMW 550i worth?
2008 BMW 5 Series Value – $1,386-$7,339 | Edmunds.
What is the difference between a BMW 535i and 550i?
The different models are basically the same except for the motors. The 528i will have a 240-hp 3.0-liter, 6-cylinder motor. The 535i has a new N55 engine replacing the previous N54. For those with oversized power appetites, the 550i comes with a 4.4-liter V8 with 400-hp and 450 ft-lbs of torque.
Is the 2008 BMW 535i reliable?
It is a very fun car, very comfortable and pretty decent mpg for the power you get from the engine. Reliability is pretty decent, haven’t spent a lot with it, just regular maintenance.
Why are BMW engines so bad?
These engines were were plagued with connecting rod bearing failures, issues with the variable cam timing (VANOS), crankcase ventilation failures, hard starting, and their cooling systems were made of plastic and sealed, ensuring catastrophic failure where scalding hot coolant would shoot out of your engine bay,
Why is BMW bad?
BMW is an expensive car with marginal reliability
These same cars, as reported by Consumer Reports, have poor reliability ratings, ranking 11th out of a class of 16 models. Maintenance, parts, and repairs for these German-made rides make BMWs some of the most expensive cars to own, as well.
Why are BMW so unreliable?
the biggest reliability issue with BMW’s are the main driver. This single unit is responsible for 80% of all problems that occur on his BMW. The main driver decides that its time to change his oil. The bad oil and cold engine gets damaged over 150x faster than a correct maintained engine.
Which BMW engines are reliable?
Which Used BMW Engines Are the Most Reliable?
- Even if they’re used and depreciated, luxury cars from marques like BMW are still luxury cars.
- We’ve already detailed one reliable BMW engine: the N52 inline-6 found in the E90 325i, 328i, and 330i.
- While the M10 and E30 M3’s S14 engine are extremely durable, BimmerLife reports, the M44 is easier to live with.
Is a BMW a V8?
Currently, the standard V8 engine used across the high-end BMW family of models is the recent N63B44T3, which powers the following models: G14/G15/G16 M850i models (Convertible/Coupe/Gran Coupe)
How long do BMW 540i last?
You want your BMW 540i xDrive to last as long as possible. With the right maintenance at the right time, you could hit 200,000 miles (or beyond!) in your 540i xDrive.